2.18.2007

The Creative Process: eat books, shower in music, shit art : A work in progress


no really. shit art. crappy art.
I've been wrassling with this painting forever and I have to finish it because...I just do. To be completely truthful, this painting is a terrible pain in the ass. I'll paint for two days and then throw it in the garage for a week or two and tell it that it has been a very very bad painting and can only come out when it has some direction. This damn painting is a smart ass.

But, to be completely truthful, I'm learning alot by slopping around some colors with my crappy old brushes and crappy old paints. And that's all I can really ask for having never really been formally "taught" how to paint.



search for a home:WORK iN PROGRESS acrylics
[[click.pic.to.enlarge.]]

'Amazing. Wasn't it incredible?' said Claire, looking to Warren with an intensity that fulfilled Kiki's hazy idea of how an artist should be: passionate, attentive, bringing her native enthusiasm to the smallest matters. - zadie smith
on beauty

No comments: